If you have neuropathy in your hands or feet and you are taking a prescription medication then you are receiving the standard medical treatment. In traditional western medicine there are no treatment options beyond pain pills and anti-seizure drugs like neurontin. At this is the point patients are left without a viable treatment option and continue to suffer with the same neuropathy symptoms.
It is at this point that our institute steps in and excels.
So What Makes Our Approach Unique?
We know that to help you get relief from your neuropathy symptoms we have to look the entire body, not just the affected nerves in your hands and feet. We call this a whole-person functional approach. Since a majority of neuropathy patients have an underlying autoimmune mechanism, meaning the immune system is destroying your nerves, we take a very close look at the immune system.
What Tests Look At The Immune System?
- Lymphocyte Panel – to look at the ratios of T-Helper Cells, B Cells, T Cells, and Natural Killer Cells. From this test we can tell the functional configuration of the immune system and the likely sources of the dysfunction.
- Cytokine Panel – autoimmune diseases are classified as TH-1 and TH-2 dominant. This panel helps determine the dominance in your immune system.
With the results of these tests we can devise an all-natural protocol to calm and modulate the immune system. This is absolutely essential if you want relief from your neuropathy symptoms.
What Other Kinds Of Tests Do You Look At?
- Complete thyroid panels – including TSH, T4, T3, Free T4, Free T3, T3 uptake, and reverse T3. There are over 30 functional thyroid patterns and by only measuring TSH and T4 a majority of thyroid problems will be missed. Abnormal thyroid metabolism affects every single cell in your body, including your nerves.
- Complete Metabolic Panel - we are going to investigate anemia patterns, functional blood sugar disorders, liver dysfunction, kidney dysfunction, and abnormal lipid metabolism.
- Food Sensitivity Testing – a majority of neuropathy patients have active food sensitivities and don’t even realize it. An immune food sensitivity is when your immune system creates antibodies to certain foods, creating a global inflammation effect every single time you eat the food. This alters your nerve cell metabolism and makes your neuropathy worse. These must be identified and eliminated.
- Intestinal Permeability Testing – a majority of neuropathy patients have a condition called Leaky Gut Syndrome. This means the intestinal lining of the stomach starts to break down and allows certain food particles pass into the blood stream and lymph. When the immune system sees these food particles it attacks and attempts to destroy them. This raises global inflammation similar to how food sensitivities do. As inflammation increases then your nerve function deteriorates.
- Gastrointestinal Infection Testing – bacterial infections, parasitic infections, and dysbiosis are common problems that plague neuropathy patients, especially if there is an autoimmune mechanism. If these are not uncovered and appropriately treated then you may never be able to get relief from your neuropathy pain, burning, and numbness.
- Adrenal Testing – your adrenals are small glands that sit on top of your kidneys. They are responsible for producing a hormone called Cortisol. Cortisol plays an integral role in normalizing blood sugar and regulating your sleep and awake cycles. Many neuropathy patients have underling adrenal problems that affect blood sugar metabolism and ultimately nerve function. This is an important test to run for neuropathy patients.
Those are by no means a complete list of functional tests at our disposal. Every case is unique and after a thorough review of your case history and past laboratory tests and a thorough examination we determine the appropriate functional tests to run. In this way we get to the root of your problems and design a custom tailored treatment plan consisting of dietary, lifestyle, and supplemental changes along with functional neurological rehabilitation.
This approach is literally the difference between getting true and lasting relief from your neuropathy symptoms or a lifetime of progressive pain, burning, and numbness.
To schedule an initial case review and consultation with our institute Click Here.